IT project management is extremely changeable. After all, new technologies are emerging all the time. Therefore, adapting strategies and projects ends up being one of the biggest challenges in the sector, especially if we don’t implement an efficient project management.
If, until very recently, innovations in the information technology area were slow to arrive in the Brazilian market, today that has changed dramatically. After all, most companies have turned their attention to the importance of the IT sector.
According to the Brazilian Association of Software Companies (Abes), Brazil already competed with great technological powers in 2017, occupying the 9th place in investments. The value, at the time, exceeded 30 billion dollars in hardware, software and services.
- The forecast for 2019 is that worldwide IT investments will exceed US $3 trillion. And the largest share of that capital will go towards software as a service (SaaS) solutions.
- It is worth mentioning that this investment will bring a significant change in the positioning of the IT area within companies. And IT project managers will have a prominent place in this process.
- Shall we better understand how IT project management works today? Oh, and be sure to read the article until the end, we have separated 5 must-see tips.
What is IT project management
Currently, IT project management includes:
- Identify the necessary requirements for the project to be developed.
- Adjust expectations with the reality of the project, needs and restrictions of the client.
- Quality analysis, deadlines, budgets, risks and resources.
- Learn more – ITIL Methodology at the Help Desk: understand how it works.
These actions are usually distributed throughout the total project process, which is usually subdivided into a few stages. The use of the roadmap builder happens to be essential.
IT Project Management Lifecycle
Initiation – Definition of the scope and authorization of the project or stage.
Strategic Planning – Elaboration of strategies to achieve the established objectives.
Execution – Phase of integration between employees, strategies and resources to execute the project.
Monitoring and Control – Stage in which we use indicators and parameters to check the progress of the project. If the results are not as expected, we reformulate the strategies used.
Closing – Those responsible will accept the results, products or services achieved.
IT project management, in practice
As mentioned, the sector has undergone some changes in recent years. Today, the trend is that information technology increasingly moves away from the role of just capturing, storing and maintaining systems, data and information for more analytical performance.
Which makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? After all, Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools increasingly provide the basis for deep and robust analysis of the market.
For this to be really efficient, it is essential to have a collaborative IT project management. That is, that all sectors corroborate with data and information relevant to the strategic planning of projects.
After all, the more developed the sector becomes, the more robust are the technologies and, of course, the higher the expectations of customers. Therefore, for a project’s determinations to be fulfilled, it is essential that the entire team acts in an integrated manner and that the best management of IT projects is carried out.